How to draw a pink flamingo
One fun way to spend an otherwise boring afternoon is drawing pictures to colour. Kids like to draw animals, so why not try drawing a pink flamingo?
It isn’t difficult to draw a pink flamingo. With a little practice, even a small child could draw an acceptable-looking flamingo of their very own.
If you enjoy drawing and would like to give it a try, follow along with these easy steps to draw your very own pink flamingo.
Let’s get started!
- Draw the head as an oval shape.
- Draw the beak. The beak is hooked with a black tip.
- Draw the eye. A flamingo’s eyes are in a defined space near the beak, so draw an outline.
- Draw the body. This includes the curved neck connecting to the head. Make the connection point as clean as possible. Also define some feathers for the tail.
- Add more feathers. Enhance the tail feathers, and draw a wing.
- Decide on a pose for the legs and draw it. The sample image has the flamingo standing on one leg with the other leg tucked up under the body. This is a common flamingo pose. Be sure to define the webbing for the feet.
- When you are done, clean up your linework if necessary. Once it’s clean, color your flamingo. Flamingos are typically coral-pink due to their diet of shrimps. Add highlights and shading if you wish.